Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Cleaning Out My Purse

I decided to downsize my purse. For years, I have carried a large purse. I try to find ones that have lots of pockets to tuck different things into. I usually take a lot of crap from people, but if there's something I need, I can probably find it in my bag!

Lately, I have been leaving my purse at home. I guess I've found it to be a pain to carry around. Because of this, I decided that I didn't really need all that stuff I've been toting with me. I figured that meant I could get away with carrying something smaller.

While I was cleaning out my super-cute, if not oversized, leopard print bag, I found all kinds of goodies that I keep "just in case" I need them, but really never do. Here is a small sampling of those items:

  • Rewards cards from many stores/restaurants along with their miniature keychain twins. I did away with the full sized cards and just kept the minis.
  • Ten writing instruments. I decided to keep two in my new purse. You never know when one will die.
  • Confetti from two different Aerosmith concerts.
  • Guitar pick from a Cheap Trick concert.
  • Two fortunes from Chinese fortune cookies.
  • A sleeve of Ritz crackers. Mostly crumbs now.
  • Dental floss AND plastic toothpicks.
  • Three dollars in Bahamian money.
  • The security code from when Lee's youngest brother was in ICU about 7 years ago.
  • My social security card. I've been wondering where it was!
  • An appointment card for Sebastian to visit the vet from 3 years ago.
  • A bottle of hand sanitizer that was completely evaporated.
  • A hotel room key.
Needless to say, I think I'll be okay not having those items in my new, smaller, sleeker bag. Which has leopard print on the inside.


3 comments:

  1. Lol.. nice list. I never carried a purse until I found a giaraffe print one a few years ago. I make it a point to clean it out when I realize I can't see the bottom of it any more. I figure if I walked around for years with simply a credit card in my back pocket, there is nothing I really need to carry in said purse..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always liked a large purse too. Then when I started having mobility problems and have to use a cane or walker, smaller is better. It's a whole new mind set however and takes some time to get used to.

    ReplyDelete